About our Office
Lou Ann Hanson
Associate Director, Administrative Services
- (812) 855-3207
Lou has been with the center since April 1982. She has been employed at IU since 1973 (way before the PC made it to the desktop). Lou worked in the IU Real Estate Department and the IU School of Optometry. Her oddest job was as an extra in the movie Breaking Away. It’s also a well-kept secret that Lou can make a mean Dairy Queen swirl. And she loves to kick up her heels line dancing!
- Best Career Blunder
Although I actually loved my first job, the owner’s son was feared by all of us high school kids. He was grumpy and demanding no matter how hard you worked.
- Biggest Challenge
I had to open with him one Saturday morning and I was a bit nervous, not knowing what to expect from this guy. I think I cracked a few jokes whenever he barked an order so he told me I was “a good man.”
- Lessons Learned
Grumpy people are simply fun people waiting to be engaged in conversation.
- Education and Certifications
- Member, Career Development Professionals of Indiana
- Member, Bloomington Chamber of Commerce
- Certified for server administration and PC maintenance
- Current Responsibilities
- Serves as fiscal officer responsible for overseeing the budget and approving financial transactions
- Oversees daily implementation of administrative systems
- Member, leadership team