About our Office
Senior Assistant Director
- (812) 856-1864
Lindsey discovered her passion for working with college students when she traveled the country living out of a suitcase as an Educational Leadership Consultant for her National Fraternity. She took the backwards approach into career services by first learning which areas of higher education were not the best fit for her. Lindsey finds great joy in being able to help students realize what they are capable of accomplishing while discovering themselves in the process. When not working, you can find Lindsey cheering on her Cleveland teams, learning to cook, and keeping in touch with family and friends. Lindsey is thrilled to be a member of the Career Services team at IUB and although once a Buckeye, she is embracing that Hoosier culture and pride!
- Best Career Blunder
Working at a chocolate/ice cream shop the summer right before college.
- Biggest Challenge
Refraining from eating the free samples and ice cream when business was slow or the manager was on break.
- Lessons Learned
A job/ career should be fulfilling and give you something to look forward to each day. This fulfillment can come from the work itself, the people you encounter every day, and even something as basic as free chocolate and ice cream.
- Education and Certifications
- Master of Arts, Education, Baldwin Wallace University
- Bachelor of Arts, Strategic Communications, The Ohio State University
- MBTI® Certified Practitioner
- Strong Interest Inventory® Certified Practitioner
- Current Responsibilities
- Advises students on career development topics
- Designs and conducts presentations on aspects of career development to various campus populations
- Coordinates events regularly throughout the course of the academic year, including 3 part-time job fairs, a mini-conference and a semester long career exploration series
- Uses technology (Symplicity/myJobs) in day-to-day operations to approve part-time job postings, schedule advising appointments
- Conducts employer relations efforts to current and new employers on campus and within the state of Indiana