About our Office
Senior Associate Director, Internal Relations and Human Resources
- (812) 855-9888
Jan has been involved in higher education and student affairs for more than 25 years. Her previous positions include director of the Student Employment Office and senior assistant director of career development at Indiana University. Work in career services has been a rewarding career where she’s met and worked with wonderful colleagues and amazing students. She loves teaching and encouraging students to pursue their passions.
- Best Career Blunder
One-day gig selling Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream at the Indianapolis 500 on race day.
- Biggest Challenge
Selling ice cream out of a refrigerated cart on hot pavement at a race track.
- Lessons Learned
A positive attitude, patience, and a smile are amazing assets.
- Education and Certifications
- Human Resources Management and Legal Compliance Certificate
- Qualified Interpreter, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Qualified Interpreter, Strong Interest Inventory
- MBTI® Certified Practitioner
- Strong Interest Inventory® Certified Practitioner
- Current Responsibilities
- Coordinate internal relations and human resources
- Leader, Human Resources Team
- Member, Leadership Team
- Coordinator, special projects
- Supervise professional staff
- Teach career courses and advise students