About our Office
- (812) 855-0317
Cassi found that career choice can often be a matter of being in the right place at the right time. During her sophomore year, she had the opportunity to be a resident assistant (RA) in McNutt and took the position primarily as a means to curb the cost of college. Little did she know that she would fall in love with working with student development needs, both academic and personal. Cassi sought out a bridge between her love of assisting students in their journey to solve problems and her undergraduate art degree. In fall 2013, Cassi joined the Human Computing Interaction Design Program at the School of Informatics and Computing. When she is not working, she enjoys remodeling her home with her husband, attempting to garden, and copying any craft on Pinterest for her daughter. She enjoys any excuse to have school spirit—specifically cheering with Hoosier Nation.
- Best Career Blunder
Working third shift at McDonald’s my freshman year.
- Biggest Challenge
I struggled to overcome the notion that what I was doing was meaningless and would have no transferability to my future career. I feared putting this experience on my resume.
- Lessons Learned
In my first graduate school interview, the interviewers focused heavily on my McDonald’s experience, even though it was only one line on the resume. I learned that it was my responsibility to sell my experience; specifically I had to pitch my skills of communication, efficiency, and product knowledge rather than the literal tasks I completed (i.e., dropping fries in grease).
- Education and Certifications
- Master of Science in Education, Higher Education and Student Affairs, Indiana University
- Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts; Minors: Education, Art History, and Human Resources, Indiana University
- MBTI® Certified Practitioner
- Strong Interest Inventory® Certified Practitioner
- Current Responsibilities
- Coordinates all aspects of the Center’s assessment program, including multiple projects associated with CDC programs and services, learning outcomes assessment, program evaluation, writing conclusive assessment related reports and submitting proposals
- Provides assessment-related consultation, design, and implementation to career advisors and event planners regarding best practices in learning outcomes assessment and program evaluation
- Supports strategic decision making initiatives by producing and presenting timely, accurate, concise, and easily consumable reports for internal and external constituents
- Trains staff on use of technology systems and issues related to (Symplicity, WCMS, Fourwinds, Machform, Qualtrics)
- Supervises the Senior Assistant Director of Marketing and oversees Student Media Team, who coordinate the website, newsletters, video, publications, social media, and marketing
- Represents the Center with the media and in a variety of campus and community relationships