About our Office
- (812) 855-6185
Alexa originally became interested in career development during graduate school when she worked with high school students to plan academics and set goals for college. Working as a guidance intern and eventually as a teacher/career advisor has helped Alexa realize how much fun it is to talk with students about their “dream job” and set a series of goals to get there one day. Alexa loves to see students discover new things about themselves and get closer to realizing their career goals. Alexa’s “dream job” is to open a Three Dog Bakery franchise. When she is not working, Alexa spends time with her two golden retrievers (Grace and Sydney) and volunteers for a golden retriever rescue organization. She also enjoys yoga, IU basketball, and spending quality time with quality people!
- Best Career Blunder
Photographer at Olan Mills Portrait Studio inside a Kmart.
- Biggest Challenge
Trying to make babies and young children sit still and smile was a nearly impossible task.
- Lessons Learned
I was able to practice patience and empathy (useful counseling skills) as I worked with the kids. I also developed listening skills when speaking with the parents about what exactly their goals were for the photo session.
- Education and Certifications
- Master of Science, Counseling and Counselor Education, Indiana University
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and Sociology, Indiana University
- MBTI® Certified Practitioner
- Strong Interest Inventory® Certified Practitioner
- Current Responsibilities
- Oversees and coordinates advising services (drop-in advising, one-on-one appointments, and career assessments)
- Trains staff and graduate assistants on successful advising strategies and techniques
- Supervises Graduate Assistants and Career Peer Advisors
- Advises students on career development topics
- Designs and conducts outreach presentations on services and aspects of career development