Before coming to Indiana University, Jan served as a director for career services at liberal arts colleges and a community college for 11 years. Prior to his work in higher education, he held various positions in the nonprofit sector. He was a director of a nonprofit organization as well as a volunteer for Volunteers In Service To America (VISTA). Jan was also a member of the U.S. Senate staff and held various positions in political campaigns, including serving as a campaign manager for a U.S. congressional candidate.
Best Career Blunder
Measuring and cutting aluminum gutters for homes.
Working with machinery that needs precise handling.
I am not interested in working alone or with machinery or tools.
Education and Certifications
- Master of Science, Counseling in Higher Education, West Chester University
- Bachelor of Arts, General Arts and Sciences, Penn State University
- MBTI® Certified Practitioner
- Strong Interest Inventory® Certified Practitioner
- Using Type in Career Counseling, Center for Applications of Psychological Type
- Campbell Skills and Interest Survey