Partnering for Course Assignments
If you are teaching a course that requires or recommends a visit to the CDC, you must contact us prior to the start of the semester with a copy of the assignment, the due date, and the number of students expected to visit the CDC. At the beginning of each semester, we will review all requests and determine feasibility based on staff and scheduling.
Please also consider the below options as excellent ways to provide career development content on a larger scale for your class.
- CDC Workshops and Events: The CDC offers a variety of career-related workshops and events throughout the year. For example, we have mini-conferences, part-time job fairs, and other topical career sessions. Please check our Events Calendar for upcoming event dates and topics. You are welcome to use attendance at our workshops and events as course assignments.
- Classroom Career Presentation: In lieu of one-on-one advising for large class sizes, we are happy to present or teach a lesson/class on exploratory career-related content during your regularly scheduled class time. Request a presentation now. (*Requests from Schools should go to the relevant career services office.)
- IU EDGE Modules: All IU instructors and students services staff members can incorporate professional development topics into courses and curriculum through Canvas. With EDGE, students can:
- Explore their values, strengths and interests in relation to degrees and careers;
- Develop an academic plan that connects with careers that excite them;
- Graduate with a solid plan for furthering their professional goals; and
- Find employment in a career that they are passionate about!
The EDGE Initiative is a Lilly grant-funded project led by a team of faculty and staff throughout the IU system. The Indiana University Office of Completion and Student Success leads these efforts and maintains the websites. You can preview all of the modules and learn more at https://edge.iu.edu.