The workforce gender equity gap is multifaceted and real. The equity gap adds up to serious opportunity and economic losses over the course of a career lifetime. Workforce gender equity is an important issue.
IUB Women Rising
80 centsWhat an average woman earns in the U.S. for every $1 an average man earns annually.
Women experience challenges in career development that include:
- Pay equity gap
- Discrimination and harassment
- Gender stereotyping
- Double standards
- Opportunity gaps
- Structural barriers for maintaining work life integration
We think career development can help.
What is IUB Women Rising?
What are our goals?
- Encourage early and ongoing engagement in career development and planning.
- Build awareness, knowledge and understanding of gender equity gap issues in the workforce.
- Increase leadership opportunities and advocacy skills for navigating decision-making and the structural barriers in the career world.
Start the conversation
We bring advocacy and career development to you. Invite an ambassador or host a workshop for your class or student organization.
- AAUW Start Smart salary negotiation workshops by CDC staff
- Student ambassadors are available for TENtalk presentations across campus about:
- Economic disparities over time
- Implicit bias
- Motherhood penalty
- Occupation segregation with a STEM focus
- Schedule an appointment with your career coach:
Mark your calendar
From our blog
Brandi Smith to receive the 2019 Torchbearer Award, one of Indiana’s top honors given to recognize women from around the state. Bloomington, Ind. — On Wednesday, September 25, 2019, Brandi Smith, Seni... Read more about Indiana University Woman to Receive Prestigious 2019 Indiana Torchbearer Award