The workforce gender equity gap is multifaceted and real. The equity gap adds up to serious opportunity and economic losses over the course of a career lifetime. Workforce gender equity is an important issue.
IUB Women Rising
80 centsWhat an average woman earns in the U.S. for every $1 an average man earns annually.
Women experience challenges in career development that include:
- Pay equity gap
- Discrimination and harassment
- Gender stereotyping
- Double standards
- Opportunity gaps
- Structural barriers for maintaining work life integration
We think career development can help.
What is IUB Women Rising?
What are our goals?
- Encourage early and ongoing engagement in career development and planning.
- Build awareness, knowledge and understanding of gender equity gap issues in the workforce.
- Increase leadership opportunities and advocacy skills for navigating decision-making and the structural barriers in the career world.
Start the conversation
We bring advocacy and career development to you. Invite an ambassador or host a workshop for your class or student organization.
- AAUW Start Smart salary negotiation workshops by CDC staff
- Student ambassadors are available for TENtalk presentations across campus about:
- Economic disparities over time
- Implicit bias
- Motherhood penalty
- Occupation segregation with a STEM focus
- Schedule an appointment with your career coach:
Mark your calendar
From our blog
November’s Woman of the Month is artist and lecturer in the Eskenazi School of Art, Arch. + Design, Laura Post! Academic level acquired (I.E. college attended, degree earned): MFA (Master of Fin... Read more about November’s #WomanoftheMonth is Laura Post
IUB Women Rising has launched a new Woman of the Month series. The series will contain *interviews which highlight inspirational women faculty and staff members within the Indiana University community... Read more about IUB Women Rising Introduces New ‘Woman of the Month’ Series
Brandi Smith to receive the 2019 Torchbearer Award, one of Indiana’s top honors given to recognize women from around the state. Bloomington, Ind. — On Wednesday, September 25, 2019, Brandi Smith, Seni... Read more about Indiana University Woman to Receive Prestigious 2019 Indiana Torchbearer Award