Now that you've done a little research about the fields of business, finance, and management, it's time to start meeting with industry professionals. It's an easy way to learn more about what your future career path might look like. It's also a great way to network with people who may know about internship or full-time job opportunities.
Business, Finance, and Management
IUB Alumni LinkedIn
You can connect with over 186,000 IUB alumni from various programs after you create a LinkedIn profile. Search for alumni based on location, company, industry, and what they studied. To learn more about how to set-up your profile and use this tool, visit these resources.Connect Now
Informational Interviewing Guide
Once you know who you're interested in talking with, use this guide to request and conduct an informational interview.
Social Media Networking
Use social media to network with professionals and their organizations. LinkedIn, a professional networking site, is a great way to connect. Here are a few organizations that have a strong social presence.
- American Bankers Association: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- American Management Association: LinkedIn
- Association for Financial Professionals: Twitter
- Finance Industry Professionals Worldwide: LinkedIn
- Finance and Accounting Recruiter Group: LinkedIn
- Financial Managers Society: Facebook
- Financial Planning Association: Facebook, Twitter
- Human Resource Management: LinkedIn
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Institute of Real Estate Management: Facebook, Twitter
- Meet Up: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- National Association of Women Business Owners: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- National Management Association: Facebook
- Small Giants Community: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Young Presidents Organization: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
Join a Professional Association
National professional associations are valuable sources for a variety of career information. You can learn about certification requirements, job leads, internships, educational opportunities, and more. Many associations offer discounted membership rates for students.