Now that you've done a little research about the entertainment and sports field, it's time to start meeting with industry professionals. It's an easy way to learn more about what your future career path might look like. It's also a great way to network with people who may know about internship or full-time job opportunities.
Entertainment and Sports
IUB Alumni LinkedIn
You can connect with over 186,000 IUB alumni from various programs after you create a LinkedIn profile. Search for alumni based on location, company, industry, and what they studied. To learn more about how to set-up your profile and use this tool, visit these resources.Connect Now
Informational Interviewing Guide
Once you know who you're interested in talking with, use this guide to request and conduct an informational interview.
Social Media Networking
Use social media to network with professionals and their organizations. LinkedIn, a professional networking site, is a great way to connect. Here are a few organizations that have a strong social presence.
- Association for Women in Sports Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Charmed Life. TV Media and Entertainment: LinkedIn
- International Association of Athletics Federation: Facebook, Twitter
- Media and Entertainment Industry: LinkedIn
- Music and Entertainment Professionals: LinkedIn
- National Association for Sport and Physical Education: Facebook, Pinterest
- National Athletic Trainers' Association: Facebook, Twitter
- National Collegiate Scouting Association: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Sports Industry Network: LinkedIn
Join a Professional Association
National professional associations are valuable sources for a variety of career information. You can learn about certification requirements, job leads, internships, educational opportunities, and more. Many associations offer discounted membership rates for students.