Now that you've done a little research about the marketing, advertising, and public relations field, it's time to start meeting with industry professionals. It's an easy way to learn more about what your future career path might look like. It's also a great way to network with people who may know about internship or full-time job opportunities.
Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations
IUB Alumni LinkedIn
You can connect with over 186,000 IUB alumni from various programs after you create a LinkedIn profile. Search for alumni based on location, company, industry, and what they studied. To learn more about how to set-up your profile and use this tool, visit these resources.Connect Now
Informational Interviewing Guide
Once you know who you're interested in talking with, use this guide to request and conduct an informational interview.
Social Media Networking
Use social media to network with professionals and their organizations. LinkedIn, a professional networking site, is a great way to connect. Here are a few organizations that have a strong social presence.
- Advertising Professionals: LinkedIn
- Advertising Research Foundation: Facebook, Twitter
- American Advertising Federation: Facebook, Twitter
- American Association of Advertising Agencies: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Creative Intensive Network – For All Advertising Creatives: LinkedIn
- Digital Marketing: LinkedIn
- Digital Marketing and Social Media: LinkedIn
- Marketing Research Association: Facebook, Twitter
- Public Relations and Communications Professionals: LinkedIn
- Public Relations Professionals: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Public Relations Student Society of America: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Social Media Marketing: LinkedIn
- U.S. Government and Public Relations: LinkedIn
- American Marketing Association: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Internet Marketing Association: Website
- Association of National Advertisers: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Incentive Marketing Association: Twitter, LinkedIn
Join a Professional Association
National professional associations are valuable sources for a variety of career information. You can learn about certification requirements, job leads, internships, educational opportunities, and more. Many associations offer discounted membership rates for students.