Now that you've done a little research about the retail and apparel field, it's time to start meeting with industry professionals. It's an easy way to learn more about what your future career path might look like. It's also a great way to network with people who may know about internship or full-time job opportunities.
IUB Alumni LinkedIn
You can connect with over 186,000 IUB alumni from various programs after you create a LinkedIn profile. Search for alumni based on location, company, industry, and what they studied. To learn more about how to set-up your profile and use this tool, visit these resources.Connect Now
Informational Interviewing Guide
Once you know who you're interested in talking with, use this guide to request and conduct an informational interview.
Social Media Networking
Use social media to network with professionals and their organizations. LinkedIn, a professional networking
- American Apparel and Footwear Association Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Apparel News: Facebook, Twitter
- Custom Tailors and Designers Association: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Fashion Accessory & Fashion Apparel Fraternity: LinkedIn
- Fashion Connections: LinkedIn
- Manufacturer's Agents National Association: Facebook, Twitter
- Retail Biz Tweets: Twitter
- Retail Blog: Twitter
- Style Careers: Twitter
- National Retail Federation: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Retail Industry Leaders Association: Twitter, LinkedIn
- Retail Merchants Association: Twitter
- American Marketing Association: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Internet Marketing Association: Website
Join a Professional Association
National professional associations are valuable sources for a variety of career information. You can learn about certification requirements, job leads, internships, educational opportunities, and more. Many associations offer discounted membership rates for students.