Sales is comprised of multiple job titles that are focused on selling resources or goods to outside individuals or businesses. Positions will vary widely depending on the type of resource being sold and sales methods used.
Designing your major
Your major may be indirectly or directly related to your career choice, and it’s only one of many pieces to finding a good career fit. There are many majors that are related to sales, including:
Learn about careers in the field
Learn through experience
Join a student organization
Student organizations can help us clarify our interests and build experience. Here are a few ideas of organizations in this area:
- Kelley School of Business Toastmasters
- Sales Club
- Retail Studies Organization
- Student Alumni Association
- Women in Business
- Indiana University Student Foundation
- Indiana Memorial Union Board
- Business World of Sports Club
- Real Estate Club at Indiana University
- Customer Experience Consulting Club
- Pi Sigma Epsilon Business Fraternity
Volunteering in the community has many benefits for the community and for your personal and professional development. How can you use your knowledge and skills to make a difference?
- Hoosier to Hoosier Community Sale
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Middle Way House
- City of Bloomington Volunteer Network
Interested in graduate school?
In this field, some common graduate school programs may include Business Administration and Management, Sales, Hospitality Management, International Business, Entrepreneurship, Communications, and many more!
There are many ways to explore careers, through research, gaining experience, and talking with other people. Your career coach is here to mentor you and help you find ways to explore that fit you best.